Piping Codes and Welding - NCPWB presentation with Walter Sperko
Thursday, May 17, 2018
11:30 am: Registration
12:00 pm: Lunch and NCPWB Presentation
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Piping Codes & Welding for Mechanical Contracting Presentation
Lunch will include a discussion of ASME Section IX and B31 Code requirements related to welding. How the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau fits into Code rules, the advantages of being an NCPWB member, NCPWB member responsibilities and procedures that must be followed to make NCPWB work.
The presentation after lunch presents the key facts about pipe welding that must be understood in order to be sure that welds are suitable for service and meet contract and Code requirements.
• relationship of Codes, specifications and quality of workmanship
• the Engineer's and Contractor's duties and responsibilities
• the jargon of welding and the selection the right processes
• qualification of welding procedures and welders
• dealing with inspection, radiography and customer's inspectors
All levels of contractor management, including owners, project managers, supervisors and foremen & NCPWB Members.